Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Update - Busy Night

"77 Ringwood Stout" was bottled last night.  Hydro sample was fantastic!  Originally brewed at the beginning of June, the stout has been in some form of fermentation or conditioning for the better part of two months.  Without question, the longest I've ever left a beer alone.  If the saying is true, that your beer gets better with neglect, this is sure to be the best beer ever.... I may be getting a little a head of myself.  I was shocked at the final gravity, it had finished at 1.010, well over 83% attenuation on my mystery yeast.  This stout should have a serious kick at +6% ABV.

With my bottling gear was sanitized from the stout, I though what the hell and racked my no salts Amarillo Pale Ale experiment.  Hydro sample had a stronger bitterness than previous incarnations.  Still very pleasant.  Near 6 weeks since brewday, the US05 had dropped crystal clear.  The ale transferred into the bottle bucket sooo clean, this should be a beautiful looking beer.  I guess the pipeline is working since I was able to leave both beers alone for a much longer time, I think it will pay off in the end.  The US-05 had finished at 1.012.

Lastly, Dconn's Rye IPA was moved to secondary, I plan to hit it with some Columbus dry hops tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment